Search This Blog

Sunday, July 15, 2012

WV (Wild and Wonderful) and Erie PA!

I'm going to preface this post by saying this is the worst assortment of photos from a vacation ever taken.  I guess I just wasn't in the picture taking mood.  I have no pictures of family and just took pictures of Lucy (surprise surprise).  It's a little bit of a waste of a long car drive when you don't have proof you went anywhere. 


We spent the fourth of July in West Virginia with Penny and her family.  It was a nice break and we had plenty of great food to eat. Thanks Pen for a nice Holiday.  Here's Wendy feeding Lucy. 


 Then we went to Erie PA to visit Stephanie and her fun family.  She had all kinds of baby toys Lucy has never even heard of.  


Bryan went to Cleveland to shop around some law firms and Steph and the kids and I met up with him at the Natural History Museum.  Afterwards, Bryan and I stopped in Kirtland Ohio. I had never been before, so it was a fun stop.  The temple is still beautiful and worth the required $3 "Preservation Donation" for the tour. 



 Steph took us to the beach at Lake Erie.  It's so big it's just like being at the ocean.  If you pull out your magnifying glass you can see Steph and Pierce and Autumn swimming.  Doesn't Steph look great two weeks before her due date?

 Lucy is a bit of a mess as a car traveler.  Even just around town she cries most of the time.  To sum it up, she hates the car.  She can be in the middle of a massive melt down and as soon as the car stops and the engine goes off she quiets right up.  Here's a picture of us during a pit stop.  She's happy now.  She figured out that if she messed her pants to the point of needing a change of clothes then we would get her out of her car seat. 


I sat in the back with her for a good portion in an attempt to distract her from her anger.  She isn't crying, but her face expresses her feelings for the long car ride. 



This was today after church. A member of the stake presidency sat behind us during sacrament and Lucy kept smiling at him.  Afterwards he told me that I had a very cute daughter and that she was very special.  She sure is. 



 "I just want to eat it so bad guys"
W


4 comments:

  1. even just those few pictures are SOO cute!! is that a little swim cap?? adorable! and her sunday outfit is darling. i miss her already! -- becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. The swim cap -- new levels of cuteness were reached! I cant wait to meet her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kathleen!
    We're glad you guys came. We had a great time. We didn't take many pictures of the visit either...

    ReplyDelete