The girls and I went to visit the Tomlinsons in West Virginia last week. We wanted to see Aunt Pen before she had the baby. We were also hoping maybe we would get to see the baby if we were lucky. Unfortunately, we missed Martha by a day and a half. We can't wait to meet our newest cousin.
The drive wasn't as bad as I thought it might be. We only had to stop once each way. The girls handled the drive pretty well. Lucy wanted to listen to the "Hello Song" on repeat, but I had to shut that town after 20 minutes. Yikes.
Mary wanted to take the wheel and I wanted to take a break, so why not?
Lucy loved her cousins. She has no idea that Wendy isn't an adult. She wanted Wendy to take care of her the whole time. And by the end of it she started calling both girls, "Wendy-Elsie"
Aunt Pen has cloth diapers that we tried out on Lucy. It lasted about 5 minutes because she didn't know how to walk in them. She did say they were pretty though.
Aunt Pen let Lucy help her make flour tortillas. Lucy was telling me things were a, "big mess!".
Watching a movie and eating popcorn.
We went to Wendy's soccer game and it was really cold outside.
They have chickens, which was fun.
Lucy was scared at first but Wendy helped her hold one and she ended up chasing them saying, "Chicken! come here!"
She was scared of the neighbor dog. When the dog was walking near the car she yelled at it, "My car! Puppy! My car!"
Penny and Mary. I love this picture.
We ended our vacation at the chinese buffet (thanks Pen!). And when you're two you can eat cream puffs and grapes with a chopstick if you want.
I love Lucy's outfits. Natalie
ReplyDeleteLoved your visit!!! Thanks for the pics. I suck at taking pictures.
ReplyDeleteso fun!
ReplyDelete