Search This Blog

Sunday, December 8, 2013

December 6, 2013

Sweet Mary Elizabeth Jones came to our family this weekend. Everything went so well with the delivery and I am recovering very well. The only problem is that Mary couldn't home with us. She is at the hospital with an infection and will be on antibiotics until Friday. They don't know exactly what it is, but they say she is improving. She was off of the oxygen all day today which is great and it looks like she will be able to start eating tomorrow (she has been fed with an IV so far). She is beautiful and precious and it breaks my heart to not have her home. I miss her so much. 

She weighed 7lbs 15oz - the exact same as her sister. She was 20 inches long. 


Grandma JoAnn and Grandpa Doug stayed with Lucy. They were a huge help and I know Lucy had a great time getting spoiled by them. 

Lucy loves her sister. We went to see her again tonight and Lucy couldn't stop talking about her. 

I finally got to hold her again today. I didn't get to hold her from Friday night until Sunday morning. 

 She's perfect

 This is Mary's view from her room. Not bad.  


This was Saturday with her oxygen hat on. 



This was right after she was born. 

Lucy meets Mary for the first time

I was so sad to be away from Lucy for so long. This was the video of her I watched over and over when I was in the hospital and missed her.

5 comments:

  1. Mary is perfect. Thanks for this post. I can't wait to hold her. We love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! And what a sweet big sister. Also I have to keep our ipad hidden because if Quincy sees it, it reminds him to walk around the house crying to see Lucy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I'm so glad things went well and that Mary is improving.
    What a cute video of Lucy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. she is perfect! hurry up and come here..i can't wait to hold her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable. I loved both of those videos. COngratulations!

    ReplyDelete