Anything that happened last week is overshadowed by yesterday. Yesterday was so crazy it even made me forget about the mice problem (Don't ask. I don't want to talk about it!!!).
Lucy and I flew to Utah yesterday. I woke up in the morning and braced myself, telling myself that no matter how difficult it was going to be to fly by myself it wouldn't last forever, it wouldn't even last a day. I kept needing that advice. We sat in the airplane for almost an hour and half before we even took off which made the first flight almost 6 1/2 hours in the plane. Lucy did as well as I could have asked of her. That was a long time to sit there. She only had one screaming fit and I got up with her and took her to the bathroom. We said a prayer that she could fall asleep and thankfully Heavenly Father immediately answered it and she fell asleep when we got back to our seats. It was a quick nap, but I was grateful. Then we missed our connecting flight by literally 1 minute. I ran with Lucy but we didn't run fast enough. So we got to hang out in Phoenix for 3 hours. That was a little rough too. But again (and thankfully) Heavenly Father rescued me and Lucy fell asleep in the stroller for an hour. And we made it out alive. We're glad to be here, even though we miss daddy.
In the car seat. With pop tart all over. Why not?
Aunt Heather is Belle now too. Lucy was scared of her for some reason.
This was yesterday morning before I knew what was about to happen.
The best sight ever. Going through security she had a meltdown when TSA took her blanket. Poor Lucy.
This was the last flight. She was much better this flight. We had the whole row to ourselves so she was all over the place. We actually started out with a man in the aisle seat but he moved. He said it wasn't because of us, but coincidentally he moved right after Lucy got on the ground and obviously filled her diaper. I'm sure it was a coincidence though.
What a nightmare Kathleen! You survived though!
ReplyDeleteto help you feel better Kathleen - Half way through our trip Autumn said, "Grandma, when are we going to get there and why aren't we on a plane?"
ReplyDeleteshe can always drive back with us! we leave sunday...
ReplyDeleteI'm glad the flight back was better!
ReplyDelete