Where to begin? If ever there's a question on who needs humbling in our family, the easy answer to that would be me. I think this week would best be explained in calendar format starting on Monday 10/29/12:
Monday: After being up half the night coughing, I went to the doctor again. The doctor diagnosed my symptoms as "classic pertussis", aka whooping cough. A copay later and I'm told there's nothing they can do. It can last 2-12 weeks (average of 7).
She resisted on the eyeliner whiskers. It was the best I could do.
Wednesday: Hosted our "dinner group" for dinner. Made two meals actually. Let's just say, the day didn't go as planned and I don't handle those situations as well as I should.
Thursday: Lucy starts to get sick. We still haven't found our keys, so we finally call a lock smith to make us new car keys. $175 later and we're back in business. Well...kind of, because we only have one house key.
Friday: Lucy was up coughing and throwing up in the night, so I take her to the doctor first thing in the morning. She decides that she doesn't need to be sick for the doctor at all. She was playing and having fun and only let out a cough when we were alone in the room. Wackle munch.
Saturday: Here's where things really get good. Bryan was helping a friend from church move something in the morning. What he didn't know was that they didn't have permission to be where they were, taking what they were taking. They learned that fact when the police showed up. All the owner had to do was say the word and all the guys could be arrested for Grand Larceny. That's right, a felony. Thankfully after a 45 minute discussion between the property owner and Bryan's ring leader, the owner decided not to press charges. For now. He has until November 3, 2013 to press charges. So basically at any given time a police officer could show up and arrest Bryan. Bryan tells me it's not that bad because he could post bail and get out and he thinks the prosecutor would most likely drop the charges. Great. I'll admit, I was saying my prayers last night and I started laughing because I was thanking Heavenly Father that my husband didn't get arrested. It's not every day I can say that.
Thankfully that's the end of the week. Today was a great Sunday and I'm ready to start a new week. We went to a friend's today and Lucy got to play with her friend Evangeline who's only 3 days older than her.
She's a little sad here for some reason.
Trying on all kinds of bling. Her face shows a myriad of emotions in the following pictures.
Lucy is resisting learning how to use her index finger and thumb.






She is the cutest horse I've ever seen. Great Journal entries. Keep up laughing!
ReplyDeletejajaja, so funny! such an adorable snow leopard - becky
ReplyDeleteI think Bryan just wanted to get in on the family crises. It seems arrest is a little extreme though! Lucy is so funny - don't think I've ever seen a baby do that. It just ups her cuteness factor!
ReplyDeleteThat'll teach Bryan to help people! :)
ReplyDelete