Happy birthday dear Lucy. A year ago today you changed everything. I spent months before your birth trying to imagine what it would feel like to be a mother. What you would look like? Would you like me? How would I know how to take care of you? I spent months praying for you and wanting you more than I had ever wanted anything. I spent months loving you before I even knew you. And then on March 25, 2012 you came. After a long, hard labor, the first thing I thought when I saw you was, "she has really long fingers ". The first few days of your life were the best of mine. You were so perfect and beautiful. I held you and with a flood of emotion I thought to myself, "He knew. He knew that if I had my choice of any baby in the world, this is the baby I would have chosen". I still thank Heavenly Father every day that you're my daughter and that I get to spend all my time with you.
Sweet Lucy, I pray for you everyday. I pray that you will remember who you are. You are my beautiful daughter and a beautiful daughter of God. I look at you and I know you will be an influence for good. You have taught me so much about our Father and Savior. You have brought the spirit into our home and I have felt the love our father has for us as never before. Thank you for being mine and blessing me everyday with your sweet spirit. I love more than I can say.
Love,
Your mother
2 Days Old
Driving home from the hospital
1 week
2 weeks
4 weeks
2 months
3 months
4 months
5 months
6 months
7 months
8 months
9 months
10 months
11 months















oh my sweet babygirl! love her so much. and her parents!!
ReplyDeletei'm crying my eyes out reading your poat. so grateful you married Bryan!!!
ReplyDeleteSo sweet!
ReplyDeleteWe love Lucy too!
-Steph
"The first days of your life were the best of mine." I love that.
ReplyDeleteWe are pretty happy that Lucy is here too. Happy Birthday, Lucy!
What a touching letter. I'm sure she will really love it when she is older. Make sure she has a copy. :)
ReplyDelete